Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The World Is Watching You.

It's Your Life - Francesca Battistelli.

I haven't heard this song in forever until it got stuck in my head the other day. If you never heard the song before part of the chorus goes, "It's your life whatcha' gonna' do, the world is watching you, everyday the choices we make." It goes on more, but that's the part that was stuck in my head. Haha. So I've been thinking about that line. And those words and what it's saying. I'm real big on keeping promises and actually meaning what I say. "Your actions must speak louder than your words" Is like my motto. Haha. but really, if you think about it it's a huge thing. I might've said this in another post but being a Christian is more then just saying you are one. That goes for a lot of things. If you tell someone you will be there for them always, you've actually gotta' do so. If you tell someone you'll do anything for them, you actually have to be willing to. Here's a good one. If you say that you're going to give everything to God, you actually have to give him everything. All of whatever situation it might be. All of anything. All of everything. I'm pretty sure I've said this before. But for me, personally. I always try not to make promises that I know I cannot keep. Because the last thing I want to do is hurt someone. The world is watching you. Kind of creepy, but true. People can only see how we act. People can't see our hearts or our feelings. However we come off to that person is how they really know who we are. Sometimes we act a certain way and we don't even know it. Our feelings take a tole on our actions sometimes. If we're hurting sometimes we are mean to people or we shut people out. Or sometimes if we're extremely happy we can be annoying(Or I can anyway :P) I hope you haven't stopped reading this because I'm just rambling. Please keep reading :) So anyways. As Christians, we need to be acting in a way that shows God love through us. If we're mean to people and like.. complete jerks, they'll be like.. if having God in my life means I will be like them then I don't want it. We don't want that now do we!? No! We need to be doing acts of love. Showing people what Christ is all about. We need to Be imitators of God. Smiling at a cute little old lady at the grocery store. Seems simple and kind of pointless right. you'd think nothing of that. But that smile could make that ladys day. Helping random people is showing Gods love too. Maybe someone drops something. You could pick it up, it really won't hurt you. Just being generally nice to someone is a way of showing Gods love. I hope this makes sense to you who are reading this. It's just been on my heart lately so I thought I would share. So go be nice. Do something for God. Do something for someone. Don't be a jerk :)

Have a splendid Tuesday, everyone! Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment