Saturday, March 19, 2011

Consumed.

I know I'm kind of getting away from the regular thing here, but I like to change things up :) Plus, I really want to talk about something today.
PS. Hello!

So, I've been thinking alot lately(shocker!). First and foremost, listen to this song. Don't read on until you've listened to the whole thing, please (: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suIeoR2Wils
I love love love this song. I've been listening to it on repeat for days hahaha.
Anyway! I've been thinking alot lately about how wrapped up we get in things of the world. I mean come on, we're human beings. Obviously it's going to happen. But what i really really really want to say is.
If we get wrapped up in things, it's going to eat us up. It's going to consume our life and our mind and our whole way of doing everything. If we let it. If we keep pushing ourselves in deeper and deeper, the more it's going to eat us up, the more it's going to start to consume us. It's hard to run away from situations. It's hard to not get consumed. It's hard to accept things that don't go the way we've planned. But ya know what? It's going to be worth it. Sure it's going to hurt a little, maybe a lot. But God doesn't make stuff happen just for it to happen. Sometimes we go through certain situations more than once. Not just to torture us. Maybe we missed something God was trying to show us before. Personally, alot alot alot of stuff I have dealt with has brought me so so much closer to God. And sure, I've gone through things more than once. Yeah, it hurts. But you know what. You're not walking into those situations the same way you did the first time. And you should try not to walk out the same either. Like I said, it will consume you. You will find yourself spending so much time worrying and being upset about this. But guys, Something I have realized and I know alot of us know, but sometime forget is. That we need to give all our situations and feelings and crazy emotions to God. Not some of them. All of them. Give it to him. Trust in him. Full heartedly trust in him. And most importantly run to him. Spend time with you. Even if the worst of things is happening in your life, worshipping and going after God is always a refreshing feeling. He is there when you feel no one else is. Don't let troubles and struggles wrap around your mind and your heart and your life. Grab hold of God and start letting him consume you. He'll pull you out of that situation and I can quarentee you will learn something along the way.
This has been on my heart alot lately, and I just really wanted to share.

I hope you all have had a wonderful Friday :) Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment