Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Matthew 6:31-33

“Don’t worry… The thing you should want most is Gods kingdom and doing what God wants. Then all the other things you need will be given to you.” Matthew 6:31-33

Hi there! I apologize for not posting in a while. I’m a busy bee these past few weeks. But I’m back and I’m ready to go! (:

I really really really really like this verse a lot. So, we started a new series at Incline(my youth group) last week. It’s called Battlefield and the first sermon was about our hearts. It was really good. My youth pastor talked about how our hearts are deceitful. Our hearts go after our wants. The center of our hearts is ourselves. Is seems so cliché to say or hear that we need to “live for God not ourselves.” Cliché? yes, true? 100%. I think I mentioned in another post that our hearts go after things that they want and desire and it usually isn’t good things. Unless our hearts are fully desiring God kingdom, and what God wants. I don’t know about you guys, but I know that my mind wonders off sometimes. It gets wrapped up in things that aren’t important. Aren’t important at all, they are just things to worry about and get upset about. I get upset when my heart doesn’t get what it wants, until I realize that I don’t really need any of that. Lately I’ve been spending almost all of my free time reading my bible, or reading my “Crazy Love” book. Spending that time with God has gotten my mind off of what doesn’t matter, and onto what does. We can’t guide our hearts on our own. We need Gods help. And he is the only one that can truly help us change our hearts direction. Again, I don’t know about you. But I don’t want to waste my heart beats. I was given a beating heart and I want that heart to desire what God wants for it. I’m going to do whatever it takes to keep that heart on the right path. Sure, it might get bumped bruised and broken along the way, but it’ll all be worth it in the end. It’ll all be worth it in the end.

I know this was short today, but I still hope you enjoyed it. I hope everyone has a great great day today! Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment