Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2 Corinthians 4:18


“So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” 2 Corinthians 4:18

Here’s something to think about. What are you living for? At this very moment. What’s your goal? How are you living your life? What are you living for? Who are you living for? Are you striving to have more than your friends? To have more money than someone else? Are you spending all your time trying to get a guys/girls attention, or just getting them to notice you? If you thought “yeah, maybe” about a couple of these, just let me say that’s okay. You’re not a bad person. You’re human.
You can get more than your friends. You can get more than someone else. You can devote all your time to getting that guy/girl to notice you. Would that satisfy you? Maybe, but only for so long. You’ll feel satisfaction until something else pops into your head and you want that now instead. The world has nothing for us. The things of this world can’t give us full satisfaction, if any at all. Does that make sense? You could easily spend a lot of money at the mall, buying clothes, shoes, etc. But then, after you get home you just want more. Why? I mean, think about that. In the long run, how is devoting your time to the things I listed before going to benefit you.(yes I realize money is an important thing to have in life, but that’s not my point haha.) The opportunities we get to experience, the things we are given, the people that come into our lives, all those things are from God. Not the world. I’ve learned something over the years. I want to live for God. Each and everyday I want to do what he has designed for me to do. I want my relationship with him to keep growing. I don’t want to just settle with how things are now, no. I want more of him. I will continue seeking after him each and everyday and doing so with all my heart, because I don’t want to live without him. I don’t want to live for anyone else but him. He died for me. Like, wow. “For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.” 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 God’s love is forever. He won’t leave you or be taken away from you like the things I mentioned before. He is the only thing that will have in your heart for forever. And to me, he’s the greatest thing that you could have in your life. I don’t really know how to end this today. I know it seems very blunt, and I apologize. But I hope that you thought about what I said. I think it’s something that we all need to think about everyday.

I hope you all have a spectacular day today (: Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment