Friday, January 21, 2011

Ephesians 3:20

Hey everyone! I hope you’re all having a great day today.
So today I wanted to talk to you guys about the verse that’s on the picture up there under the blog title. Ephesians 3:20.  It says...

“Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” Ephesians 3:20 NLT

“God can do anything, you know – far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!” Ephesians 3:20 (The MESSAGE)

Now, read through that verse a few times. It’s really quite amazing if you think about what those words are saying. For Christmas, one of my best friends got me this book called “Crazy Love” by Francis Chan. It’s about just how amazing and incredibly great Gods love for us is. In the first chapter he tells you to go online and look at this video. Watch this. Really, really watch this.


Kind of makes you think doesn’t it. It kind of blows your mind, right? I’m sure there are people out there who didn’t even know that that many galaxies existed. I know I didn’t. When you look up at the stars at night, what do you think? What crosses your mind? Do you think how they are pretty and twinkly and such? Or do you think that God made those stars. He placed them exactly where they are. Exactly where he wants them to be. They didn’t just show up one day. This is something that has always left me in awe. Look outside. All you see is snow, right? A whole lot of it. Think how many snow flakes are on the ground right now. Individual, tiny little snow flakes. Not a single one of those snowflakes is the same. Isn’t that crazy? Not even ONE is the same as the other. Wow.

“to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” Everybody has goals in life. Everybody dreams of growing up and pursuing the career of their dreams. Whatever it may be. God knew us before we were born into the world. He made us. He created us. He took time out of the creation of the whole wide world, to make us and mold every single detail about us. To mold our hearts. Our lives are a story that he has written out. He knows what lies in the next sentence, paragraph, and chapter. Sometimes what we want isn’t what God wants for us. He’ll take stuff out of our lives if he doesn’t want it there. That’s hard. When things get taken away from you. But it’s for the better. God knows what best for us. And we need to trust that. And have faith in that. Have faith in him. It’s important that we trust God because it’s so easy for us to just jump to negatives and worst case scenarios when things go wrong and when things don’t go as planned. (which is usually always) One day, you may think you know how you want to spend the rest of your life but then the next day God could change your mind. For the longest time I wanted to be in the fashion business when I grew up. You could always find me sketching clothes, or hidden in a fashion magazine. I was for sure that that was going to be how I spent the rest of my life. Until this past fall. At my youth groups fall retreat. Let me explain, bear with me. I’ve always loved helping people when they’re struggling and just being there for people when they need me. I have a big heart, you could say. At fall retreat, I don’t even know how to explain it. Something hit me and stuck with me in the back of my mind for a while. The Wednesday after we got back I remember looking around at everyone and just thinking that I really do care about everyone. Helping people as best I can is what I love to do. And I remember thinking “well, you could be a youth pastor.” Of course I just started crying. Haha. But recently God has showed me a lot and I feel like that’s what he wants me to do with my life. I’m going to be a Youth Pastor. And although I’m nervous about it, I’m so ecstatic and more excited about that than anything else. God’s got plans, you guys. Plans that we can’t even fathom, or grasp, or wrap our minds around.  I want to leave you guys with this today. Be open to what God has for you. Nothing is impossible for him. He wants to use to be a light and a fountain. He wants you to show people the love and the fire that’s inside of you. Fire spreads. Don’t stop it. Be willing to put yourselves out there to glorify him. He loves you unconditionally and has so so SO much in store for each and everyone of you today, tomorrow, and forever. I hope you all have a great day (: Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment